Health, Safety, and the Environment
Our statement of Health, Safety and Environment Policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees and contractors on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide and maintain safe equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of electronic equipment
- To provide information instruction and supervision for employees and contractors;
- To ensure all employees and contractors are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Health and Safety Assessment
- Health and Safety Officer: Christina Williams (BA Science, MA HRM)
- Health Safety Assessor: John Henry Looney (Director)
The main risks to health and safety amongst employees and contractors are work related stress and ergonomic adjustments to maintain healthy bodies and minds since the majority of time is spent around desks, chairs for meetings and in cars travelling to clients.
We have consulted best practice and expertise in these areas to make sure that SDL employees and contractors take adequate breaks, encourage the use of fitness apps, personal trainers, fitness classes, mindfulness and breathing exercises, healthy eating and social interaction and communication in person or via Slack (business communications channel). We have high specification ergonomically specialised chairs, desks, monitors, pads and car seats that are adjusted for each person and continually look out for introducing new technologies and practices.
We have a very supportive conduct and workaround for personal or health related issues. Back and neck aids are used regularly to maintain health. A personal induction programme for each new employee and contractor.
SDL’s insurance brokers are ???. We have current employers liability, public liability and professional indemnity policies in place.
SDL has had no major work related history of health and safety issues in the last three years. We are investing time and effort in maintaining this record.